1. Tim Duncan is in line to be the first NBA player to win a championship in three decades if the Spurs manage to dethrone the reigning champions.
2. There are four Final MVP’s participating in this series, with two each representing the West and East champions: Tony Parker (1) and Tim Duncan (3) for the Spurs, and LeBron James (1) and Dwyane Wade (1) for the Heat.
3. This will be the fifth NBA Finals appearance for Tim Duncan; fourth for his longtime teammates Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili and third for LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
|Tim Duncan,Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili|
|Dwyane Wade and LeBron James|
5. Former two-time scoring champion Tracy Mcgrady, recently signed by the Spurs, finally has advanced past the first round in his playing career and all the way to the Finals.
6. All of San Antonio’s championship years came on odd number of years (99, 03, 05 and 07).
7. The last time LeBron James and Tim Duncan met at the NBA Finals, Duncan’s Spurs swept LeBron’s Cleveland Cavaliers.
See related post:
2013 NBA Finals: FUNNY MEMEs
Tags: 2013 NBA Finals, NBA Finals, NBA , Miami Heat, Miami , Heat, San Antonio Spurs, San Antonio, Spurs, Tim Duncan, Duncan, Tony Parker , Parker , LeBron James, LeBron, James, Dwyane Wade, Wade, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland, Cavaliers, Tracy Mcgrady, Tracy , Mcgrady